Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures have joined forces and are featured in the iconic Monopoly board game through this special Collector’s Edition of TMNT Monopoly.
In it, they buy, sell and trade the most notorious Turtle villains — marking their conquests with pizza slices and pizza boxes.
Fans of these “Heroes in the Half Shell” will love this edition produced by USAopoly, officially licensed through Hasbro and in conjunction with the Nickelodeon series. This game was officially launched in the Fall of 2014 to rave reviews.
What is Different in Ninja Turtles Monopoly?
- This new Ninja Turtle spin, on the traditional Monopoly board game, brings the sewers, rooftops and back alleyways of NYC into your living room, game room or kitchen table for lots of fun and game play.
- No more taking a ride on the Reading Railroad in this collector’s set — how about taking a ride on a TMNT skateboard, or the Turtle Blimp, in the Ninja Turtle van, or on a Ninja Turtle bike?
- Gone are the pricey pads of Park Place and Boardwalk — replaced by defeating ultimate supervillains Krang and Shredder.
- Players may still GO TO JAIL and get FREE Parking in this edition but you will take a CHANCE with “Mutagen” and your new COMMUNITY CHEST are surprise “Allies”.
- Should you run into difficulties as you PASS GO, instead of paying the traditional “Income Tax”, you need to go back to Ninja Training. Instead of paying the old “Luxury Tax”, players will get a WEAPONS UPGRADE when landing on this space.
- Gone are the iconic Water Works and Electric Company — in this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Monopoly game you communicate on the Turtle Comm and check out the Portable Portal Generator.
TMNT Monopoly Game Features
There are 22 villains, supervillains and enemies featured on this Collector’s Edition game board — use your best strategies in buying, selling and trading to conquer the likes of Dirtbag, Pizzaface, Rahzar, Mutagen Man, Chrome Dome, Lord Dregg, The Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash and others.
When you defeat and own a villain, it’s only natural that you stake your claim with cheesy pizza slices and pizza boxes that can be purchased with Ninja Turtle Bucks.
In this version, players choose to be one of six custom sculpted vinyl tokens including:
- Casey Jones
The actual game play remains the same with moves dictated by roll of the included dice — so, the biggest decision for those familiar with traditional Monopoly, will be which of the six TMNT tokens to choose.
Included with this set are:
Ninja Turtle game board, 6 sculpted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle characters, Allies and Mutagen cards, pizza slices, pizza boxes, a pair of dice, Villain cards, Ninja Turtle bucks and playing instructions.
Important Ordering Information
- This officially licensed TMNT Monopoly Collector’s Edition plays best with 2 to 6 players that are about the Age of 8 and older.
- The difference between this Collector’s Edition and the Monopoly: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is that the Collector’s Edition is centered around defeating supervillains and the regular TMNT Monopoly game board illustrates the Nickelodeon show locations rather than the villains.
- The estimated play time, depending on the number of players, is between 60 and 180 minutes.
- Prices for this board game have been determined by the supplier and not this Ninja Turtle merchandise review site. Prices WILL change based on product availability and popularity.